Monday, March 15, 2010

The town that lives off the land

In 2006 a study was done to the water supply in Fort Chipewyan. There was a huge amount of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, which are associated with the oil deposits and increasing the amount of pollution. The residents of Fort Chipewyan are often eating food from hunting or fishing through out the year. These animals are eating and drinking from these waters and the land and getting diseases as well and the people of Fort Chipewyan are eating these animals. It isn't on occasion, it is more everyday for these people are eating these foods as well.

http://www.nodirtyenergy.org/index.php?Itemid=160&id=112&option=com_content&task=view

2 comments:

  1. Yes and unfortunately for the people eating these animals and fish the most toxins become more concentrated as you move up the food chain. This means that a predator like humans will build up higher concentration of the toxins in comparison to animals lower on the food chain such as most herbivore type animals. This means that the people of Fort Chipewyan whose diet comes mainly from local produce will be ingest high amounts of the polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, I was fighting my cancer. A week after I turned 45 I was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer that spread to my liver. It was a long hard journey but July 19 will be 5 years cancer free after drinking Dr Itua herbal medicine. I wish the best for anyone with cancer and I will recommend Dr Itua to anyone with cancer and Dr Itua will cure you completely. I’m thankful I meant Dr Itua Stay on them about the ox platinum that can leave you with permanent damage. They backed down on mine after drinking dr itua herbal medicine and I don’t have any permanent side effects. Much love from California stays strong . If you have any questions You can write to Dr Itua Herbal Center on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete